Get Bitcoin Gold in Coinomi Wallet #BTG!
Collecting your FREE Bitcoin Gold (BTG) coins with Coinomi is super easy.
INSTRUCTIONS: YOU HAD BITCOIN IN A COINOMI WALLET ON THE DATE OF THE BITCOINGOLD FORK – 24OCTOBER2017
SegWit bitcoin wallet addresses are not yet supported in Coinomi wallet. This means that if your bitcoin wallet address starts with the number 3, you will not be able to add it in the wallet and therefore you won’t be able to claim bitcoin gold with this method.
The Bitcoin Gold Fork has already taken place on October 24, 6 am UTC at block height 491407. So if you are trying to claim BTG by transferring in BTC that you didn’t own prior to this date, you won’t get BTG.
Now Let’s get started!
Update your Coinomi wallet
First make sure that your Coinomi Wallet’s version is 126.96.36.199 by clicking on the 3 dots in upper right hand corner. Click on ‘About’ and it should look like this
If you don’t see v1.7.91, open your Google Play Store app, and Search for Coinomi” and then click on the “Update” button next to “Coinomi Wallet”.
Add BitcoinGold (BTG)
Now open your wallet, click on the top left menu, then hit the “+ COINS” button in the button and select “BitcoinGold” from the huge list of Coinomi’s 79 supported coins and 200 tokens.
A pop-up dialogue will appear, asking if Bitcoin Gold should be added:
Click the “ADVANCED SETTINGS” button. If you clicked “Add” instead you need to delete your BitcoinGold wallet and start over.
In the “Derivation Path” enter:
Please note that the characters before “H” are zeroes and not O’s.
Hint: If you have more than one Bitcoin wallets in your Coinomi and want to claim the equivalent BTG you will have to repeat the above process, replacing each time the last zero with the (zero-based) account index, so for the second wallet this would be M/44H/0H/1H, for the third wallet it would be M/44H/0H/2H, and so forth.
If you have a Coinomi password set in your coinomi wallet, then enter it
Now click “ADD”.
That’s it! Your BITCOINGOLD (BTG) wallet is now ready and you should see your Bitcoin Gold!
INSTRUCTIONS: YOU HAD BITCOIN IN ANOTHER WALLET WHERE YOU OWN YOUR PRIVATE KEY – ON THE DATE OF THE BITCOINGOLD FORK – 24OCTOBER2017
- Transfer your Bitcoins (BTCs) to another wallet to prevent the possibility of losing them. See https://queenwiki.com/blog/2017/07/best-bitcoin-wallets-of-2017/ for a list of recommended wallets
- Did you do Step 1? Do NOT proceed until you have done Step 1!!! Why is this important? You will be sweeping your old Bitcoin Wallet!! When you’re importing a private key, the coins are visible and accessible from both the OLD and the NEW wallet (the wallet the key was exported from, and the wallet the key was imported into), and can be spent from EITHER wallet.When you’re sweeping a wallet by entering the private key (Coinomi’s way) a transaction is created which empties the source wallet (the wallet the key was exported from) and sends all funds to the destination wallet (the wallet the key was sweeped into, in this case, your Coinomi wallet for each coin). The funds are visible and accessible only from the NEW wallet. Better safe than sorry. Just follow my instructions!
- Now… Let us continue. Go to http://coinomi.com. Download a Coinomi Wallet (sorry iPhone users, Coinomi is for Android Only- Another Article will be written for you a few hours).
- Create a BTG wallet in Coinomi, WITHOUT changing the derivation path (if you want to know what Derivation Path is, then see first set of instructions above where I mentioned it.)
- Get the private key of your Bitcoin (BTC) wallet address that had BTC at the time of the fork. Consult your wallet provider’s FAQs on how to do this if you have trouble doing so. It could be a 12 or 24 word phrase or a long string of characters and numbers, or a seed etc. Check out this Coinomi article for how to get your private key in a format compatible with Coinomi for many of the popular wallets! There is a standalone bip39 tool attachd to that article. For some wallets, this MUST be downloaded to get your keys. It’s easy. Be sure to shut down the internet AFTER you download the tool and BEFORE you use it. You don’t want anyone snooping and trying to steal your keys to your coins!
- From your new Bitcoin Gold (BTG) Coinomi wallet, click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner, and select “Sweep Wallet” . Then type in or scan your Bitcoin Wallet Private key from Step 3 above.
- You are ready to rock n roll! Your BitcoinGold (BTG) coins should magically appear!
Click Here For How To Get Your Private Keys from the Blockchain.info Wallet (ignore references to OmniWallet – just get the keys)
Faith Sloan “QueenWiki” “CryptoQueen”
http://facebook.com/queenwikiOfficial – LIKE MY PAGE to get updates
http://facebook.com/groups/cryptocurrencyeducation – Join thousands of others!
http://twitter.com/faithsloan – FOLLOW ME for updates